Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yeah, that went well.

Okay, so I guess only posting when I had something 'interesting' to say backfired, so screw it. It's my damn blog, and anyone reading it will jsut have to be as bored by me as I am.

So, job-hunting is going.....an adjective needs to be invented to describe how it's going, let's leave it at that.

School is fun again, but also driving me crazy as there's no clear instructions on how we're supposed to go about things, or what gets done where; you just get told to look at the manual, which doesn't help as only about a tenth of it seems to apply to me and even then, it's only a collection of the forms used - there's no actual information on how or where or when something is supposed to be done.

Made some new friends New Year's Eve (no, really, the kind you friend on Facebook and everything!), which I think is a HUGE accomplishment for me. Admittedly, much of it is based around the fact that we all have weird brains and so understand each other when trying to explain the frustration of not being able to explain what life is like to other people, but still.

I have a bit of a goal this year, which is to be out of Mom's house by Solstice 2012 (just in time for the world to end, natch). As for an actual resolution, however, I've said fuck it. Losing weight, being a better person, whatever gets chosen gets forgotten, so I'm not going to bother this year. So, I suppose that my resolution is to carry on as always...? Eh. Never said I wasn't lame.

I HAVE decided to learn to knit, and so far it's going swimmingly. Perhaps I shall start selling stuff, I don't know: I've already sold some scarves to distant family, so perhaps that is an option. However, it gives me something to do with my hands, and helps fill the gaping hole left by being unemployed all day. The accomplishment felt by completing quests in an MMORPG is just slightly outdone by the accomplishment felt when somebody is able to wear something you've made (without shame, preferably), which goes to show just how big of an accomplished feeling it is.

I've been feeling discombobulated lately, as my brain has failed to be obsessed by anything for a while. Normally, I would have thought this a good thing, but it turns out that with no job to focus on, my brain is left to flap sadly about, unable to latch onto anything for more than a couple hours - this makes it very hard to follow through with anything, as I'm permanently stuck in the "I'm bored, but I don't want to do any of the things available for me to do" cycle. Very, very irritating.

Lastly, I made much food this holiday season, almost all of which was delicious and nommed up within hours. So, yay! But the failure (fruitcake) nearly spoiled all of the lovely accomplished feeling. Anyway. I warned you about the boredom. I BET YOU THOUGHT I WAS KIDDING BUT NO. Welcome back to my life.

No comments: